Building a stronger government through innovations in learning.
Join us for an innovative and collaborative exploration on the future of workplace learning in government. Here you’ll find best practices, tools, and solutions to the government’s most difficult learning challenges.
Designed to provide best practices on next generation workplace learning, this conference will showcase the power collaboration and innovation have in the learning environment to help agencies meet their strategic mission outcomes.
Along with government learning leaders, you will explore:
- how to do more with less, and prioritize your training objectives
- challenges and opportunities brought on by a multi-generational workforce
- how to develop, promote, and execute a strategic learning plan.
Q: What will I learn? And, what can I include on my approval form?
A: You will gain new ideas about how to create a strategic plan for learning, prove learning value, and successfully onboard new agency members during this election year.
- Discover methods for getting beyond budget cuts despite the economic environment
- Advocate for inter-agency collaboration to maximize the training dollar
- Demonstrate a business case for your agency to see learning as an investment and not an expense
- Create a roadmap during an administrative transition to keep the agency agenda on track
- Develop best practices to successfully on board political appointees
- Manage relationships between career and political appointees through the career employee perspective
- Strategize how to leverage influences for spending
- Apply methods for developing, promoting, executing, and marketing a strategic learning plan
- Discover how to become a business partner with the learning and service delivery functions
Q: Most conferences say and do the same things. What is different about this event?
A: A lot!
- This conference is created by experts in learning and development, but is designed in response to what you’ve told us you need to know. ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) and The Public Manager have more than 120 years of combined experience leading the learning profession and providing best practices in management for the public sector. Together, we have a community of learning leaders with the authoritative voice of the profession. As an unbiased, not-for-profit, we’re bringing you an event to showcase the power collaboration and innovation in the learning environment to help agencies meet their strategic mission outcomes.
- We’re bringing the thought leaders, and you’re bringing the thoughts. In each session, you will have open dialogue with government learning leaders. There are no boring PowerPoint slides, only powerful conversations lead by a skilled moderator, supported by subject matter experts, and chalk full of answers to your most pressing questions.
Q: Am I the right person to attend this conference?
A: If you have a role in learning and development at your agency, you should have a seat at this event. Here’s who came last year:
- Agency leadership in the learning field (mission drivers)
- chief learning officers and chief human capital officers
- learning managers or executives
- Drivers at all levels of the learning field (mission supporters)
- learning professionals
- learning designers (new or experienced)
- Agency leadership supporting the learning community (mission aligners)
- chief human capital officers
- chief information officers
Q: Okay, I’m convinced. Now what?
A: Register, Now! But, you knew we’d say that.
- Engage early and often. Join your colleagues to discuss the power of collaboration and innovation in the learning environment.
- Respond to surveys. This conference is for YOU! You’ll be hearing from us before the event to ensure we know what you want and need to learn.
- Come prepared to talk, a lot. We won’t be talking to you, you’ll be talking with us.